Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Branches

The other day, I was shopping for fruits and vegetables and noticed how unripe they still were…they looked pretty but they weren’t ready to use. I remembered a verse in John 15:1-8.

"I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.
"I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you. This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.”

To be used by GOD, for life to have meaning, we must stay on the vine so that we can bear fruit and more fruit for His glory.

Write your name on my heart
Keep me close…let me not wander
Rescue me from my rebellion
So I can smile again
Rescue me from the deep waters
So I can dance to your heartbeat
Rescue me from my persecutors
So I can sing your songs
You have heard my prayer
Tender are your mercies and
Complete is your touch…
Restore me and lift me up
Write your name on my heart
Keep me close let me not wander.

Nehemiah 9:28, Job 33:28, Psalm 6:4-5, Psalm 18:16-20, Psalm 32:7, 2 Samuel 22:17, Deuteronomy 30:3, Psalm 71:20-21,


No comments:

Post a Comment