Thursday, June 17, 2010

You Are What You Read

When Christians truly spend time in the word…then I would say that this is one of the reasons we as a group of people shine with God’s Truth.

You were made to House the Fullness of God…Let your Light Shine!!

You are what you read….I have heard that over the years…

As I pondered that statement, I remembered advice given in a writing class: “To be a good writer, you must read everything you can and especially the kind of books that you want to write. As you read, the style, the voice of the author becomes layered with yours. It saturates your very being as you write, sleep, and act.” If you follow that train of thought, when you read good material on a regular basis -- like the Bible – you become saturated with God’s Word. You will write, speak, and act out His voice.

Is this too simple? Maybe? But it is a very good start towards finding the truth.

What have you been reading lately?

2 comments:

  1. Just finished reading The Crowning Glory of Calla Lily Ponder and am now reading The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. My son-in-law cut back the channels they receive on TV so that they could spend time reading the Bible in the evenings. Jessi lost all her Glee recordings and although she's not happy about that, she doesn't mind taking some extra time with the Bible. I should too, I know. I've been remiss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The great thing about God He is always there with arms wide open no matter how big or little our misses are.
    I got a nook for Mothers Day, and I am enjoying more than I thought I would. There are plenty of free and very inexpensive books. So I have been downloading lots of books. I just finished reading the Chronicle of Brothers it is 3 novels and is a prequal of sorts before Genesis. Interesting books and Book 3 ends "to be continued...) - I hate that now I have to wait for the 4th book to be released. I read the dragon Keeper - I didn't like it much and wouldn't really recommend it - House by Dekker and Peretti is scary very scary it was good, but I won't need to read it again soon. Boneman's daughter a drama mystery by Dekker was also good. thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete