Sunday, May 23, 2010

Who's instructions are you following?

Recently I remembered a lesson I learned while recovering from knee surgery. I was having a difficult time recuperating. Living in an upstairs apartment and going up and down proved to be a challenge. Although the knee is better – the arm started to hurt and be painful. I am questioning the Lord and all I hear is “let go,” Let go of what? One day I was walking down the stairs and it dawned on me that I was holding the rail for dear life, when I did not have to. How long had I kept that up I do not know, while necessary when I was hurting, now just became a habit. How many times do we still cling to the things we get used to doing, things that do not give us what we are expecting? God gives instructions when we ask; all we have to do is listen and obey. This time, the answer was easy enough.


When you ask God to change your circumstances, He will give you instructions to follow. Your choice to obey is the key to change (you reap what you sow Galatians 6:7).

What step of faith is God asking you to make?

To forgive

To honor

To be faithful

To be loving

To have Mercy

To let go, or Any other step God may be whispering in your ear

The instructions you follow will determine the future you create.

Whose instructions are you following?

“Don’t ask God to order your steps if you are not willing to move your feet”

No comments:

Post a Comment