Friday, December 19, 2014

Made New

For a few nights last week a portion of a song kept playing in my head as I was trying to sleep. I had not heard it before (at least I didn’t remember).   Then I heard it on the radio. Made New by Lincoln Brewster. Part of the chorus”

“You hold my head up - You remind me who I am - You hold my head up - I'm alive in You again”

Since I couldn’t get it out of my head – I wrote:

Because of You I am alive and made new. You are a shield around me, my glory and the One who lifts up my head.

You surround me with your love. I lie down and sleep in peace. I awake again because the Lord sustains me.

I am strong because you take me by the hand and You restore my soul. Hold me close and never let me go. The Lord never sleeps nor slumbers and His ardent eye is always on me.

Tell me again who I am in You, because of You I am alive and made new.

Psalm 3:3, Psalm 5:11-12

No comments:

Post a Comment