Thursday, August 21, 2014

Voice



When I heard Your voice for the very first time,
my soul began to dance, and my heart began to sing.
I could hear the melody of me, an expression of love in Your voice,

I give you my story, filled with imperfections and failures.
I give you my poetry with no rhyme, and notes without time
I write the words of prose with my tears on stage alone.
Pages filled, reaching the end of the line of time and space.
There was no sound of you, yet I knew You were there;
Your fragrance filled the air.

When I heard Your voice for the very first time,
my soul began to dance, and my heart began to sing.
I could hear the melody of me, an expression of love in Your voice,

What shall I write; words without life
 would graciously find their place, like the quill without ink
writing in vain to tell my story without you.
In the garden, looking up I search the skies praying
for the clouds to bring a message from you.

When I heard Your voice for the very first time,
 my soul began to dance, and my heart began to sing
I could hear the melody of me, an expression of love in Your voice,

I sought for your eyes from the moment we met I saw
my life’s song and story in You and with joy I wept.
I surrendered, for in You are all my tomorrows,
All my desires, my everything, my hope and stay.
I know they begin today.

Psalm 42:1 As the deer pants, longs for the streams of water, So my soul pants, longs for You, O GOD.

Zephaniah 3:17 The Lord your God in your midst, The Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.

1 Corinthians 13:1 If I speak with the tongues of men and of angels but have not love, I am like a sounding brass or clanging bell.

Song of Solomon 8:13 You who dwell in the gardens, The companions listen for your voice— Let me hear it!

 Song of Solomon 6:3a I am my beloveds and my beloved is mine  


Like Share Tag Comment Repost To SAVE

No comments:

Post a Comment