Thursday, August 12, 2010

Gentle Wind

In a gentle wind God’s voice came from heaven
In a gentle, gentle, wind He came.
My heart sang for joy as I listened to that sweet sweet voice.

I love you, I love you, I love you,
I have come to set you free
Free to dance, free to love, free to sing
Let me surround you with the light of my love, my power to protect,
My presence to watch over you, wherever I am, you are with me.

In a gentle wind he came from heaven
In a gentle, gentle, wind he came

The voice of this world drowns you out, I cannot always hear you, where are you now? I called out but no answer, my heart sank, I looked for you, but did not find you. I have somehow wandered away and I long to hear again that sweet voice, to see that face and feel that embrace.

In a gentle wind God’s voice came from heaven
In a gentle, gentle, wind he came.

In the quiet of my heart, there came a song, slowly a note barely audible then it captured me, my heart understood. In that gentle, gentle wind he came, once again my heart is full of joy as I listened to that sweet, sweet voice.
In this stressful world, your presence quiets me, your voice calms me, and your touch comforts me. Help me remember to quiet my heart and listen for your gentle voice.

In a gentle wind God’s voice came from heaven
In a gentle, gentle, wind he came.

Praise be to God who has not rejected my prayer or withheld his love from me. Psalm 66:20

No comments:

Post a Comment